A regular dental x-ray will allow your dentist to diagnose dental disease and track the progress of treatments. They are invaluable tools Dr. Rimes can use to identify problems before they become something more serious.
A dental x-ray can do all of the following:
- Identify tooth decay – decay, especially between the teeth and around fillings is hard to see. An x-ray will find it right away.
- Examine impacted teeth – an x-ray will show the dentist hidden problems like impacted wisdom teeth.
- Discover fractures and cracks – a dental x-ray will display the extent of damage caused by clenching or grinding.
- Diagnose abnormal cysts, abscesses or other growths – x-rays can catch these problems before they grow, weaken the jaw and do damage to nearby teeth.
- Detect bone loss – this result of periodontal disease will show up in an x-ray.
- Locate Infection – an x-ray will spot any infection near the tip of the root.
- Create a clear picture of health of the mouth – your dentist wants to have a complete picture of the health of your mouth before he begins any procedure. An x-ray will give him a thorough look at your teeth, gums and jawbones.
Dr. Rimes and his staff know from experience the importance of a dental x-ray. When he recommends one for you, you can be sure that he has your best interests at heart. Call (281) 313-1565 today to schedule your next appointment, and rest assured that Dr. Rimes will use the most effective, state-of-the-art tools in his toolbox to deliver the most thorough care of your mouth.